At a mother/child camp at Carolina Creek, a sweet mom said to me, “What an honor!” As the words rolled off her lips, my mind froze.
“WHAT an honor?”
What an HONOR?”
The words continued to flood my mind. Speaking at the mother/daughter event truly was an honor, but I hadn’t stopped to consider what an honor it really was. Meeting such amazing women, playing four square with fun kiddos, seeing deer up close and personal, being sharpened by authentic conversations, growing deeper in Psalm 23 – what a once in a lifetime honor.
As I returned home from the retreat, I noticed how honor flooded my world.
- Coming home to my family – what an honor.
- Sitting around the dinner table talking and laughing with people I love – what an honor.
- Going to church – what an honor.
- Getting a good night’s sleep – what an honor.
- Watching a red bird in the backyard – what an honor.
- Playing with my grandson – the ultimate honor.
I learned a valuable lesson from my new Carolina Creek friend, life is full of honor filled moments. It’s an honor to live, an honor to love, and an honor to experience life. Honor all that you’ve been given.
Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life, righteousness, and honor. Proverbs 21: 21